Moong (or Mung) dal fry recipe can be cooked easily. It takes less than 30 minutes to cook this recipe. Wash the dal with water thoroughly before you start cooking.
- Moong dal (Green Gram) (preferably split, as it will be cooked fast) – 2 cups
- Onions (finely chopped) – 2
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 2
- Green chillies (cut into small pieces) – 2 or 3
- Ginger – peeled and cut in to 3 slices
- Cloves – 3 cloves or to taste
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1 1/2 table spoons
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 1/2 tea spoons
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch (optional)
- Lemon juice – 1 table spoon ( you can use instead of tomatoes, just add it to your taste)
- Ghee – 1 1/2 table spoons
- Salt – to taste
- Make sure that you have cleaned and washed dal.
- Place the dal in a pressure cooker or heavy pot.
- Add 4 to 5 cups of water to dal and heat until it boils
- If you use cooker, heat it for 10 to 12 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, keep it aside.
- Heat a fry pan and add oil.
- Add cumin seeds, green chillies, garlic and onion.
- Then add tomato and cook it for a minute or two.
- Now, add turmeric, coriander powder.
- Cook it for five minutes on low flame.
- Add boiled dal and add salt.
- If dal is very thick, add a cup of water.
- Close the lid and cook it for five to 10 minutes.
- Before serving, add coriander leaves and ghee on the top.
You may also like::
- Mixed Urad dal and Moong Dal recipeTweetDal recipes, more or less, require similar ingredients and method to prepare. All you need to do is just change...
Feb.21, 2012 in Dal Recipes